Sunday, February 8, 2009

Non-scale victories

This weekend I went to an outlet mall and bought clothes at three stores I have not been into in years: Banana Republic, The Gap, and J. Crew. The max size of most items in these shops is 14, and it's a pretty unforgiving 14. An XL at J. Crew would be an L in most other brands, I think!

I was able to find clothes that fit at all three stores...and the khakis I bought at Banana Republic weren't even 14s. They were 12s. I think they look fantastic. It's been so long since I have been able to wear fashionable, flattering clothes. I'm almost looking forward to going to work to show off my new duds!

The other non-scale victory I had this weekend was when I took my blood pressure on Saturday. It was 128/68, pulse 75. That is a normal healthy reading! If you recall, I was sent to the emergency room last year by a doctor when I clocked a reading of 172/127, approximately (can't recall the exact numbers but they were over 170/120) and a pulse of 120 bpm. That is an astonishingly high reading for anyone. A diastolic of over 120 is a medical emergency. Organ damage can ensue.

Mere months later my blood pressure is NORMAL, NORMAL, NORMAL! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

SeaShore said...

That's freakin' fantastic about your blood pressure! It's the very best NSV!

You must have wanted to shout "woohoo!" when you were in the dressing room trying on the size 12s! Congrats.

Mariann said...

Good for you! Are you starting to feel and think and see the thin person in the mirror??? I would think trying on the clothes and finding they fit would be the moment I would recognize I was actually no longer obese! I'll let you know when I get there.

debby said...

Wow, you have really done fantastic. That's so great about your blood pressure.

And isn't it fun to try on new clothes and PRETTY SHOES!!

Juice said...

Way to go!!!!! I am so inspired by your success. Keep up the great work. :)

jo said...

Two fantastic NSV's.

A great-big congrats on the blood pressure. That's a wonderful accomplishment!