Saturday, October 11, 2008

Went clothes shopping yesterday

I peeled myself off the sofa long enough to go clothes shopping yesterday.

I've been wearing Red 3 bootcut jeans from Lane Bryant (fellow Lane Bryant shoppers know what I mean), but they're a bit large now so I bought a pair of Red 2 bootcuts. I was also encouraged to try on a pair of Yellow 3 bootcuts because my body shape has changed. I used to have a bigger butt in relation to the rest of my body but I have lost a lot of inches off my hips and butt, so they recommended the yellows. They fit differently, but also looked good. So I bought those too.

Started with: Red 4 bootcut
Wearing now: Red 2 bootcut/Yellow 3 bootcut

Then I went to JC Penney and looked for work pants. I found a pair of those Lee plain front pants. I started off wearing a 20W in those, and I'm now down to a 16W in that particular style of pants. I could only find one pair in any color in that size, so I bought it. I also bought a couple of casual long-sleeve tees in size 1x, which is the size I've been wearing all along. Those shirts shrink a lot. The 1x started off a little on the small side for me and is now a little too large.

Started with: Lee Plain Front trouser 20W
Wearing now: Lee Plain Front trouser 16W

Since the other pair of 16W plain fronts that I have is a little baggy on me, I wandered over to the normal-sized section of the store and was shocked at how HUGE it is. Oh god, the selection! Amazing! I hadn't been to that side of the store in years. I found those same Lee plain front pants in size 14, so I got a pair plus a pair of Dockers Ideal Fit in a size 16. I knew they wouldn't fit just by looking at them, but they're for later. I also bought some of the same casual tees I had bought in the big lady section, but in size XL. They fit perfectly, but they will shrink when washed.

I tried on the smaller pants at home and I cannot pull either pair all the way up, but they'll be a good yardstick for me. I weighed about 218 lbs yesterday and I'm thinking both pairs may fit by the time I achieve my Christmas goal of 199 lbs. I will fit into them *someday*, so it's not a waste of money.

I ended up spending about $175 on new clothes, but I am also giving away a large bundle of clothing that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big for me. I am getting rid of those clothes because I never want to fit into them again. If all I have are clothes that are my size or smaller, that'll be extra added incentive to not order that pizza or eat that 3 Musketeers bar.

4 comments:

Suddenly slimmer said...

HI thanks for your comment and congratulations for you. Yes, you should start slow and gently.
BTW, isn't fun shopping for new clothes? You have more excuse to shop:)
In here,the size stops at 10 ( you know people consider asians are slim ) and that time I was size 14. It's a happy feeling that I manage to go down to size 8.
Good luck for you and keep up the good work! :)

SG said...

that must feel amazing!

Mariann said...

Good for you! I still just wear the baggy clothes...my weight loss hasn't been as quick or dramatic as yours. It's taken almost 7 mos to hit 10 lbs (which I'm hoping to hit this week). I have bought some clothes that are a little more "form-fitting". My roommate has commented on how much slimmer they make me look. Hmmmm...who knew that wearing smaller clothes would make me look smaller :)

Keep up the good work!

Juice said...

Way to go!!! Thanks for the inspiration.