Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Out of the 230s!

I woke up at 3am and weighed myself just for funsies. I didn't wake up in order to weigh myself; I woke up because I had to pee. After peeing I stepped on the scale and it read 228.8 lbs. I was thrilled. I weighed myself again at 6am, expecting the same result...and it was 229.4 lbs.

So, that's the weight I recorded. I try to be strict about that and only record my 6am weight. I don't know where that .6 lbs came from, but it doesn't really matter. I'll see 228.8 lbs again, and soon.

So far I've lost 27.2 lbs. I feel awesome. It's such a sense of accomplishment and I feel more confident and in control. I feel especially blessed to be out of the 230s because on Sunday I pigged out on chips, queso, and flautas with sour cream when I went out for Tex-Mex with a friend of mine...then again I had nothing but fried food from Sonic when my BF came over last night.

I have no idea what the caloric content of the Tex-Mex was so I didn't record it. About all I can say about it was it was "a lot". Probably in the 1800-2000 calorie range for the meal. Luckily, Sonic publishes nutritional information so I did record that. Even with a snack-size popcorn chicken, regular fries, and mozzarella sticks I stayed under 1600 calories for the day. Awesome!

2 comments:

Mariann said...

Hey. Stumbled upon your site looking for others who are on a similar journey...I go by BigLoser on my blog. Celebrating the milestones...a few ounces at a time. I applaud you for your ambitiion and stick-to-it-ness. When I have some time, I'll read through some of your older posts. I'm here to encourage - GO FOR IT!

FatGirl said...

Thanks mervy!