Saturday, September 20, 2008

Single again, and nearly 30lbs down.

Scale said 227.4lbs this morning. And I'm single again. My on-again, off-again, on-again boyfriend is now off-again, and this time it's for good. I'm not even upset, I don't love him anymore. I'm just irritated, and afraid I'll die childless and alone.

In other news, I've lost nearly 30lbs since the start of my journey. That's almost 30lbs in a little over 2 months. I have 28lbs to lose before I get to "onederland", i.e. weighing under 200lbs, so I need to keep this up. My medium-term goal is to reach "onederland" by Christmas.

Plus if I ever want to find another man I have to lose weight. Most men in this city seem to be of the "no fat chicks" variety.

1 comment:

Joy's Journey in Weightloss said...

I can relate to your post so much! My long term on again, off again boyfriend took six years of my life. When the truth finally came out, he could not commit because of the fat. He had previously said that it was never an issue. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
On another note, I was unable to have a child, but I am not childless. I adopted a child that is so much more than I could ever have hoped for. I am still alone, but right now, I am fine with it as my plate is FULL. I will find a great man. Don't sell yourself short. I think men also want "confident chick." I realize that confidence is easier when we feel great about our bodies. Fake it till ya make it!