Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cardiovascular health getting better

I focus a lot on my appearance and love life and food cravings in this blog, but one of my primary reasons for wanting to lose weight was to improve my health. Earlier this year I was sent to the ER for a blood pressure reading of 172/127 and resting heart rate of over 120 bpm. A diastolic of over 120 is a medical emergency, so my doctor promptly freaked out.

Fast forward six months later, 4.5 months into my weight loss journey, and 51.4 lbs down, my blood pressure today was 128/87, pulse 67. My diastolic is still a little high but that is a MUCH better reading.

3 comments:

SeaShore said...

That's the best NSV of all!

Juice said...

Awesome! That is such a great accomplishment!!!!

Fifty Eight Days said...

Wow you've lost 51 lbs????
What an inspiration!